Eni drills in Barents Sea
Eni Norge gets a drilling permit for an appraisal well in the Barents Sea offshore Norway. The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted the permit for well 7122/7-7 S from the West Hercules drilling rig. Eni Norge is the operator with an ownership interest of 65 percent while its partner Equinor owns the remaining 35 percent. The area covers blocks 7122/7, 8, 9 and 10 at about 2.4 kilometers west of the discovery well 7122/7-1 on the Goliat field.